Ditch the loofah and grab a washcloth. Loofahs are a serious breeding ground for bacteria. In the warm, wet atmosphere that exists in most bathrooms, bacteria organisms can grow quickly, and they could spread to your skin if you don't change your loofah regularly. The use of these sponges can lead to rashes or infections due to bacteria, and using a loofah that hasn't been properly cleaned or stored can also promote the growth of mold in your home. A washcloth can be easily cleaned with your regular towels after each usage and is much cheaper.